Terms and Conditions
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web sites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
You may reprint the information for non-pecuniary purposes so long as each copy contains our copyright notice: “© 2020 Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. All rights reserved.” This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. at any time.
The materials on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web sites are provided “AS IS”. Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web sites, even if Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. or a Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web sites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this website shall be determined by a single arbitrator in New York City under the rules of commercial arbitration of the American Arbitration Association.
9. Copyright Complaints
It is our policy to honor all takedown requests that comply with the requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable intellectual property laws.If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. contains links or other references to another online location that contains material or activity that infringes your copyright rights, you may notify Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. by providing the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512) to our copyright agent set forth below:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of all such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Bierce & Kenerson, P.C. to locate the material. Please provide us with at minimum a URL to each work that is claimed to be infringing.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- Statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that the notification sent to us may be forwarded to the site owner who provided the allegedly infringing content.
Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.
420 Lexington Ave., Suite 2920
New York, NY 10170
Note: Only copyright complaints should be sent to agent. No other communications will be accepted or responded to.
For the avoidance of possible doubt or confusion, the website name https://smarterbusinessexits does not identify any law firm. It is a website used as attorney advertising of Bierce & Kenerson, P.C.
DISCLAIMER #2: WE DON’T OFFER ANY “SMARTER” RESULTS. IT’S YOUR SHOW. WE WANT YOU TO BE SMARTER. THAT’S ALL. This website invites you to inquire and learn to be “smarter” by getting better informed and doing your own planning. We disavow any claim that we are “smarter” or that we can get you any particular results if you were to engage our legal services. Mr. Bierce’s book and this website are intended to help YOU be smarter. We want you to be smarter, ask smarter questions and hopefully make your own smarter decisions. We use this website to promote a book and e-books by one of our founders. As noted in the book “Smarter Business Exits,” you should select and consult professionals across various disciplines, and you can begin by doing your own self-assessments using questions offered at the end of almost every book chapter.